Saturday, May 14, 2011

Garfield Comics: Two books, Three Pictures and A Few Words

Article by Scott Tingley

Papercutz was nice enough to send me their first two Garfield & Co. hardcover comics/graphic novels to review, but I let my kids have them for the drive home from the post-office and I've barely been able to get at them since. I was finally allowed to read one of them as a bed time story, but then they were taken back so that each of my two kids could read them as they fell asleep.

In the limited time I was allowed to have them in my hands I saw that they were pretty good adaptations of the new Garfield cartoon, the one with the computer animation. My kids like t
he cartoon fine, but they really liked the comics. Each book had three stories which were just wordy enough to tell the story with little unnecessary fluff to bump the word-count (needlessly wordy comics get removed from the bedtime reading rotation - I'm looking at you, JUGHEAD).

I was pleased with the reaction and I won't mind reading the Garfield & Co. comics as a bedtime story again sometime soon.

Both are available this May. See more HERE.

GARFIELD & Co #1 Fish to Fry: 6 1/2 x 9, 32pp., full-color hardcover: $7.99 ISBN 978-1-59707-266-3

GARFIELD & Co #2 "The Curse of the Cat People"" 6 1/2 x 9, 32pp., full-color hardcover: $7.99 ISBN 978-1-59707-267-0

Please check out my other sites:
http://www.thechesscomic.com/
http://wefightrobots.blogspot.com/

Comment below or contact me at: comicsintheclassroom at gmail.com

No comments: